Learn to code.
Advance your career in months, not years.
In partnership with
Zero experience necessary. Most code school students have no professional experience in software development.
You don’t even have to know if coding is right for you. Give us one day, we’ll help you find out.
Coders are problem-solvers with super powers, and Venture Hall’s code school is designed to put the power in your hands.
A proven program, built to change careers.
Intro to software development and careers in tech.
A full-day immersion to find out if learning to code feels right to you.
Doors open at 8am, class starts at 9am.
Code 101 Topics
- Slack, Atom & Git
The Modern Web
- How the pieces work together
HTML & CSS
- Building your website
- Common tags and uses
- Integrating Stylesheets
- Modifying CSS Styles
- Sharing code
- Git and version control
- Terminal and the command line
The Tech Industry
- A typical day for a software developer
- Common job titles
- The path to becoming a web or mobile developer
At the end of this workshop, you will:
- Understand the basics of what it means to be a professional software developer
- Create a complete website
- Know how to deploy your website and be able to share your accomplishments with friends and family
- Be able to identify whether a career in software development and our code school program is right for you
Computer and Material Requirements:
Students are required to bring their own laptops. Before the workshop, please:
1. Download the latest version of Google Chrome.
2. Set up Atom, Terminal, and Git. Follow the guide for your operating system below.
Having trouble following these guides? Arrive at 8:00 am, an hour before the start of the workshop. That time will be dedicated to helping students get their computers set up with these tools.
Code of Conduct Policy:
Punctuality, participation in discussions, completion of assignments, and demonstration of professional courtesy to others are required. Attendance will be taken at the beginning of the workshop. Passing requires attendance to the full workshop.
Can’t attend the workshop after you register? We will refund tuition paid for a Code 101 workshop, but only if you notify us by email of your cancellation before 12:00 noon on the day before the workshop.
But wait, there’s more…
While 101 will leave you with practical skills you can apply immediately, building your software development chops will take time and dedication. Here are some of the additional courses we’re planning.
Developed by Code Fellows, this nationally recognized program has graduated hundreds of students across the country, most of whom have gone on to work in software development.
Let us know if you’re interested in learning more about advanced courses for yourself, sending employees, or supporting the code school program.